Sunday, September 21, 2008

Recent Work: Anatomy of a Dany Heatley slap shot

Dany Heatley of the Ottawa Senators
Every September, the Ottawa Senators hold an open practice and a few thousand fans, young and old attend to see their favourite players as well as the up-and-coming rookies. I always take my camera, and at the end of the day, I truly appreciate the skill (and equipment) of professional sports photographers.
This year, I watched Dany Heatley practice his famous slapshots -- a thing of beauty. I set my camera to take continuous shots, and let it go as fast as it could while Dany Heatley wound up and shot. This is the result after I combined all four images together.

UPDATE, October 5, 2008: Dany Heatly just demonstrated his amazing shot in the game against Pittsburgh Penguins in Stockholm, Sweden, giving Ottawa a 2-0 lead!

. . . Rob Williams
http://www.robwilliams.ca